Performed with the name בתו של יאן in Israel and Passé Composé in France.
Based on a true story " Of Tortoises and Other Jews" written by Jerusalem artist Hannah Yakin about her childhood in Amstelveen, Holland during the German occupation. Below Hannah in the middle with her sisters.
The puppets were made from broken furniture.
Concept, Direction, Performance, Artwork: Patricia O'Donovan
Music: Jerry Garval
Text by Patricia O'Donovan adapted from the text of Hannah Yakin
Light design: Dov Mielnik
Technical Assistance: Mario Keizman
Costume: Jaqueline Behar
Angel puppet: Jurg Beier
Production: The Train Theater of Jerusalem
Click here to watch a trailer in Hebrew
· Israel: International Festival of Puppet Theater, Jerusalem. August 2007
· Holland: MEPPEL International Festival of Puppet Theater. September 2004 (in English)
· France: MELI'MOME International Festival for Young Public, Reims. March 2003 (in French)
· France: International Festival of Puppet Theater CHARLEVILLE-MEZIERS. September 2003 (in French)
· Israel: International Festival of Puppet Theater. Jerusalem. August 2002
· France: MELI'MOME International Festival for Young Public, Reims. March 2002
Click here to read a paper in English and Hebrew, about the show by Dr. Olga Levitan.
Dr.Olga Levitan presented it also as part of a paper on Holocaust themes in the Israeli Fringe Theater, that has been presented at the International Conference Jews/Theatre/Performance in an Intercultural World at The Jewish Theological Seminary, New York, February 22–24, 2009.
Soon to appear in Hebrew (Teatron - an Israeli Quartely for Contemporary Theatre, 26, 2009) -Ha Shoa be teatron ha fringe ha israeli.
Article in Hebrew with many video clips by Marit ben Israel